A two-day ceasefire after nearly two years of war in Yemen expired at midday (0900 GMT) on Monday would not be renewed, a spokesman for a Saudi-led military coalition told al-Arabiya TV, with each side blaming the other for violations.
The 48-hour truce, announced unilaterally by the Saudi coalition on Friday, failed to halt fighting across the country between the Iran-aligned Houthis and Saudi-led forces.
Gulf Arab states led by Saudi Arabia launched a military offensive on the side of exiled President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi’s government in March 2015 after the Houthis, backed by government troops loyal to former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, advanced on Hadi’s temporary headquarters in Aden.
Hadi was forced to flee to Saudi Arabia.
The 20-month conflict has killed more than 10,000 people and displaced more than three million.
Residents in the capital Sanaa said that Saudi-led coalition jets had bombed army bases on a mountain overlooking the city earlier on Monday, and the force of the explosions had shaken buildings in several city neighborhoods.
Sanaa is controlled by the Houthis, who still hold vast swathes of Yemen. Despite Saudi-led forces gaining territory from the northern Yemeni rebels, they have not succeeded in restoring Hadi to power.